strange dock disappearing

Discussion in 'macOS' started by brentg33, Apr 19, 2008.

1. brentg33 macrumors 6502a

Hey, i know there are other post about docks here...but i couldnt find one exactly like what i am experiencing. I have a MBP c2d running 10.5.2 and i was watching some video on youtube and right when it was going to switch to the screen saver, i quickly touched the trackpad...and the dock was gone...whats up?
    thanks
    brent

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

You probably turned hiding on accidentally. CMD-OPT-D will bring the dock back & turn hiding off again.

3. brentg33 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

Have you restarted since this happened?

If not, you can always try going into terminal and typing

killall Dock

which should reset your dock.

If you're not too sure about going into terminal, however, you should probably just stick with restarting if you haven't already... tell us how it goes.

Do you remember exactly what happened when the dock disappeared? Are you sure you didn't press anything else? And have you installed any dock modifiers?

5. brentg33 thread starter macrumors 6502a

it seemed to have only happened when the screen saver ( i was using the itunes artwork one) is about to come on....there is a few seconds when the screen turns black before the artwork shows up...if i hit the track pad at that time...the desktop comes back but without the dock....a friend suggested deleting the dock .plst file