Strange Dropbox Window

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jethrotoe, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Jethrotoe macrumors regular

Recently a window asking for my Admin password to allow Dropbox to make changes appears every time I boot up my MBP. I see no reason to do so as Dropbox is working perfectly on all my computers. Needless to say I am suspicious. Has anyone seen this screen before?

Attached Files:

2. simsaladimbamba

What is visible when you click on the little triangle left of the word "Details"?

Btw, you can save a modified .png via CMD+S and don't need to make another screenshot.

3. Jethrotoe, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011

Jethrotoe thread starter macrumors regular

I soon realized I should have opened that before I posted.
    Have to re-boot, that's the only time I get it.
    I'll be back. Thanks.

Ok, still trying to understand what you mean by modified .png and no need for another screenshot. Can you tell I'm still a bit new???

Anyway here is the detail portion:

Attached Files:

4. Jethrotoe thread starter macrumors regular

Resolved

After visiting the Dropbox forums it seems that this request for admin password is from an auto update that Dropbox did. It is from a recent update that many have received. It also has happened with other updates in the past. I therefor entered my password and all seems to be fine. It also seems to be only Mac related.

I did not get any notification of an update (growl, etc.) and didn't know that I would not on an auto update. Don't like that.