Strange duplicating phantom playlist and library listing in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by luckylisp, Mar 15, 2010.

1. luckylisp macrumors 6502

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I recently got a new iPod classic. I went into iTunes and synced my iTunes library onto it. Oddly, right underneath the new iPod when I hook it up in devices it lists all my playlists that I have in iTunes and they are all grayed out and not accessible to edit. My music libary is also listed there under devices. Then again in the normal spot up top under library. Under devices it is not accessible in the normal spot everything is.

So basically I have this super long column with my playlists and my music library listed twice. One list where it should be under playlists which works as normal, the other list comes up when I hook up my iPod under devices and that list is completely grayed out.

Here's a photo so you can see what I mean, how there are two playlist groupings, and the one on the screen under devices is grayed out. Same for my music library listed under devices.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/charminglydaft/Image1-1.jpg

I tried deleting my iTunes and reinstalling it, that didn't help. Can anyone please advise me how to get rid of this phantom playlist listing? Thanks for any help.

Sorry, I'm now wondering, does this possibly happen when you have more than one iPod that sync different playlists?

2. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Left of your iPods name, there's a little triangle. If you click it, the iPod playlists will shrink. :)

By the way, it's not a mistake. It's how it's designed.

3. luckylisp thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah ok, I see. For some reason I hadn't noticed it previously with my other iPods. I guess it must have always been in collapsed mode which is how I'll keep it now. Thank you so much for clarifying, Cinematographer. :)