Strange effect on Still wallpaper

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by James83448, May 21, 2016.

1. James83448 macrumors regular

James83448

When I put my wallpaper onto Perspective mode, both the icons and wallpaper shift perspective, but when I set it to Still mode, the wallpaper doesn't move (as expected), but the icons still move (unexpected).

Can anybody confirm if this happens for them also please?

I've created a video of the problem. I've repeated it twice in the video so you can see it easily.

Can anyone explain why the icons still move while in Still mode?

http://sendvid.com/psi33np2

2. cynics macrumors G4

Icon movement is based on the "Reduce Motion" setting found under Accessibility.

3. Arran macrumors 601

Arran

4. James83448 thread starter macrumors regular

James83448

Thanks. I knew the setting was there somewhere. Only problem is, it changes the animations between screens also, like pressing the home button, the animation is different. If only we could turn off the icon animation only...

5. cynics macrumors G4

I agree, I would turn off icon movement however I prefer the animation of apps and folders opening.

However what actually drives me nuts is a setting called "Reduce Motion" that turns off motion by turning it on. Same with "Reduce Transparency". Especially considering it turns those things off completely for the most part. Imagine having "Reduce Light" switches in your house and you turned them on to turn off the lights... lol

6. monnyblack1 macrumors regular

monnyblack1

same here i was hoping that 9.3.2 fixed this but i see that they didn't

7. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Fix what? It seems that there are simply multiple areas related to movement that different settings control.

8. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

Agreed. There are too many instances on this forum of people moaning about bugs or issues, when in fact it's really either a change Apple have made or user misunderstanding.