Strange Error Message

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mick B, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Mick B macrumors newbie

Mick B

Need some help guys.I have just tried to restore my iphone 4 16g and it goes through the proceess of authorising the phone to Apple through iTunes and thats it.

It then comes up with the following message. Any ideas as it wont restore my phone :mad:.

Attached Files:

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

I'm going to assume, probably rightfully, that you're trying to use iOS 5 and aren't a developer. If so, stop it.

If I'm wrong, ignore me. Everyone else does.

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

A couple of questions that will help:

1. What version of iOS was on your phone previously?

2. What version were you trying to restore?

3. Was your phone jailbroken?

4. smoge macrumors regular

smoge

explain why you what to restore (are you trying to restore from ios5 to 4.3.3

5. smoge macrumors regular

smoge

if your trying to restore from a non activated vision of ios5 i sagest you download 4.3.3 of your device and hold shift and click the restore and restore from the downloaded version of 4.3.3

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

more info please, actually any info please

7. Mick B thread starter macrumors newbie

Mick B

This phone was replaced by Apple yesterday and it seems to be lagging so I thought a fresh restore may resolve it .The software version is 4.3.3(8j2)
    Not jailbroke fully original software

If I wipe my data on the phone and then plug it into iTunes will this resolve it.

8. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Why wipe the data? Have you done a backup before?

If so, look up a download for 4.3.3, look up how to enter DFU Recovery mode, do so, and shift+Restore to 4.3.3

Should be fine.

9. Mick B thread starter macrumors newbie

Mick B

Just thought a fresh install may resolve the issues then install my stuff from backup:confused:

10. Epic Orange macrumors member

Epic Orange

Mr. Pink thought you did not think of a backup when you said "wipe the data". However, you can backup then restore the firmware, then reapply the data. As well, you should try download other firmwares for the iPhone 4 and trying those out. This error is common when your restore file is not compatible with it, but then again, you can try download iOS 4.3.3 off the internet and seeing if it will let you restore.