Strange Errors

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cjflury, Nov 29, 2011.

1. cjflury macrumors newbie

Hello,

I keep getting these peculiar errors while operating my Mac Pro. I'm on Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I've attached a screen shot of one of them. I have no idea what it means, am hoping somebody can shed some light! Thanks

Chris

Attached Files:

2. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

First hit on a google search shows that it's an incompatibility with the version of Roxio you have and SL. Go to Roxio's support forums for further help. You wil probably have to update the Roxio software.

3. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

The error in your screenshot is complaining about a kext (kernel extension) that deals with audio. Does sound work properly on your Mac? Perhaps there are supposed to be some sort of beeps or chimes occurring but because of this audio kext problem you are seeing these messages instead. Since we are talking about a Mac Pro here, do you have any third party audio devices or drivers installed?

Oops. Looks like the person who posted while I was typing found a better explanation. I agree. Go check that Roxio situation.

4. cjflury thread starter macrumors newbie

We have two other laptops here with the same Roxio software on the same build of SL without this error.

----------

Audio works fine yes, nothing out of the ordinary going on. I will look into the Roxio thing but I'm hard pressed to believe that is the issue considering Roxio products aren't running 99% of the time.

Thanks guys!

Chris