Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjflury

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
New York, NY
Hello,

I keep getting these peculiar errors while operating my Mac Pro. I'm on Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I've attached a screen shot of one of them. I have no idea what it means, am hoping somebody can shed some light! Thanks

Chris

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-11-28 at 8.27.20 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-11-28 at 8.27.20 AM.png
    627.4 KB · Views: 63

ScoobyMcDoo

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2007
Austin, TX
First hit on a google search shows that it's an incompatibility with the version of Roxio you have and SL. Go to Roxio's support forums for further help. You wil probably have to update the Roxio software.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
Hello,

I keep getting these peculiar errors while operating my Mac Pro. I'm on Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I've attached a screen shot of one of them. I have no idea what it means, am hoping somebody can shed some light! Thanks

Chris

The error in your screenshot is complaining about a kext (kernel extension) that deals with audio. Does sound work properly on your Mac? Perhaps there are supposed to be some sort of beeps or chimes occurring but because of this audio kext problem you are seeing these messages instead. Since we are talking about a Mac Pro here, do you have any third party audio devices or drivers installed?

Oops. Looks like the person who posted while I was typing found a better explanation. I agree. Go check that Roxio situation.

cjflury

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
New York, NY
First hit on a google search shows that it's an incompatibility with the version of Roxio you have and SL. Go to Roxio's support forums for further help. You wil probably have to update the Roxio software.

We have two other laptops here with the same Roxio software on the same build of SL without this error.

----------

The error in your screenshot is complaining about a kext (kernel extension) that deals with audio. Does sound work properly on your Mac? Perhaps there are supposed to be some sort of beeps or chimes occurring but because of this audio kext problem you are seeing these messages instead. Since we are talking about a Mac Pro here, do you have any third party audio devices or drivers installed?

Oops. Looks like the person who posted while I was typing found a better explanation. I agree. Go check that Roxio situation.

Audio works fine yes, nothing out of the ordinary going on. I will look into the Roxio thing but I'm hard pressed to believe that is the issue considering Roxio products aren't running 99% of the time.

Thanks guys!

Chris

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.