Strange Exchange Problems with SL

Discussion in 'macOS' started by copperlab, Aug 29, 2009.

1. copperlab macrumors member

Setup my exchange account that I have with exchangemymail.com. Everything when flawlessly with Mail 4.0 recognizing my exchange server. There are a few inconsistencies that I see compared to entourage 2008.

1. I am not seeing all the folders that I have on my exchange server in the Mailboxes window. If I right click on the exchange server inbox and "get info" I can see the rest of the folders as it calculates their size. I can also highlight one of those folders and click show folder and it will temporarily add it to the Mailboxes list. But once I close mail and re-open it the folders I had click "show" on disappear.

2. Mail 4.0 does not seem to receive exchange mail via push. It is only checking for mail at the interval set in the general preferences (every 5 minutes by default). What is the point of have exchange if you don't get push email?

3. When adding the "show birthdays" in calendar option in iCal it does not grab contacts from my exchange server list. Only from the local "on my mac" list (in my case this is empty).

Are other people experiencing these problems? Am I doing anything wrong here or are these valid issues.

Thanks...

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

The big problem I've noticed so far is that Mail under SL is not downloading all messages from some folders in my Exchange mailbox. A folder which I know to contain 1987 messages, and which shows that exact number in both Outlook for Windows and Entourage 2008, shows just slightly more than 1000 messages in Mail. Clearly there are some bugs that need to be worked out by Apple -- and in the meantime, I can't recommend to any of my clients that they use a mail client that doesn't do something as simple as sync all messages in a particular folder.

3. david803sc macrumors member

david803sc

The Birthday issue yes I have the same problem, as far as the folders mine all are there and ok, so are all the messages in each folder.

It may be the version of Exchange they are running, I believe it really needs Exchange 2007 Rollup Pack 4 at minimum to be 100% Compatible, although this will not fix the birthday issue, hopefully Apple will update this to pull from the Exchange contacts as well.

David

4. copperlab thread starter macrumors member

Anyone experiencing the problem where mail isn't actually being pushed. It is being fetched?

5. Daz macrumors newbie

Yep, no push here either. The configuration has 5 mins as the lowest, too. :(

I'm also noticing Smart Mailboxes not updating without going into them - which is pretty poor (although this may be old behavior?) We have one for "Unread mail", so once the mail has been read, you have to go out and go back in for it to be empty? :confused:

6. copperlab thread starter macrumors member

*bump
    Is anyone getting true "push" email through mail using exchange?