Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zeppydoodah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2019
I have TCL 6 Series with Roku capabilities. I have the Apple TV Plus app through roku. I've been watching the show "See" and episode 3 began having strange issues with freezing scenes and while that scene is still on, everything else can somewhat be seen. It fixes itself eventually, but its kind of breaking being immersed in the show. Anyone else having these issues???

jasonwindsor

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2019
I have the same TV and have been experiencing this as well. How long did you have to wait for it to resolve while watching?

chugg

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2008
Same issue. The newest episodes aren't even playing in HDR either. The whole experience on Roku is pretty poor. Glad I'm not paying for this.

TonyAguila

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2006
This is an issue with Roku. I also have the TCL/Roku 4K TV, but lately, the phenomenon seems to have been mitigated, albeit still showing up from time to time. The ghosting does not occur on any of my macOS and iOS devices. I have a Fire TV Cube attached to the TCL and the tv app on it is also free of the problem. However, one disadvantage to the Fire TV version is that it does not allow for in-app purchases. You have to do it with the Roku app, or from your other Apple devices.

Reactions: Ar40

Buz Burton

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2019
I have the same issue with TCL/Roku. Other HDR sources play just fine. It is only AppleTV+ where this problem occurs. Also strange, I watched an entire episode of Morning Show without a problem but switched to Dickenson and it was a hot mess. No particular pattern when this shows up. This problem occurs randomly and with any AppleTV+ program.

Buz Burton

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2019
This problem seems to have been fixed. I have gone the entire month of December without a problem.

Thanks to whoever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.