Strange George Burns reference in sync services tab

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by DrDomVonDoom, Jul 22, 2011.

1. DrDomVonDoom macrumors 6502

DrDomVonDoom

I thought this was kinda cool, but I was poking around the system profile, and I clicked on the sync services tab hoping to find some goodies about iCloud. and i noticed the term "Goodnight Gracie" was found multiple times as some kind of log off term of some kind. I think its for iPhone syncing. Its a reference to a George Burns line "Say goodnight, Gracie"

its fun stuff. [​IMG]

2. Jedi macrumors regular

Jedi

I just noticed the seem thing :confused: .

I`m running OS-X.6.8

Very now and then my Mac-Mini will go into auto "Safe-Boot" mode , and it just happened so I was { am } determined to find out why.

I started poking around my start-up items , all A-OK , just "Stickies" __btw.

All discs are ok , startup HDD checks out fine , network nominal.

I did a "google search" for sync-services / "goodnight gracie" and found this post.

So far , even though cable modem / router both check out , right now I still think my "Safe-Boot" doing it`s auto thing is somehow related to Comcast and my account , just a feeling.

BTW___all external devices get un-mounted before shut down , as I know that can sometimes muck things up , but still the auto safe-boot mode happens. Weird :eek:

Anyway , still going and after 2.5 years only one kernel panic episode.

Later , Happy Holidays :D

Gary 