strange graphical glitches before panic

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blamethewhales, Jul 25, 2015.

1. blamethewhales macrumors newbie

blamethewhales

My mid-2012 13in MacBook Pro (stock RAM, stock SSD) has gotten into a habit of kernel panicking and I haven't been able to isolate the problem. The link below shows what often (but not always) happens before a panic.

http://imgur.com/gallery/KDjTxcU/new

Does anyone have any insight on this? I haven't been able to find a case that quite matches this one.

Thanks in advance!
    James

2. Kissmyne macrumors 6502

Kissmyne

Boot to Apple Diagnostics/Apple Hardware Test(Press Power, press AND hold "D" select a network and then Test your computer. This looks like a RAM problem to me.. Especially combined with the kernel panics... though I suppose a kext could cause this too(Try in Safe Mode, if issue goes away.. it may be a kext..

3. blamethewhales thread starter macrumors newbie

blamethewhales

Thanks for responding!

I should add that I've done the Apple Hardware Test and a full reinstallation when the problem first started. Neither seemed to find/solve anything.

I tried the hardware test again and, as the "starting internet recovery" screen appeared, a similar visual glitch occurred and the system cut to a black screen with a repeating sequence of three beeps (RAM failure)/

I tried Apple Hardware Test again and, while checking the RAM, the system froze (seconds active timer froze) and had to be hard shut down.

At this point, is there any doubt that this is the RAM?

4. Kissmyne macrumors 6502

Kissmyne

I would say its time to start swapping RAM chips.