Strange Green Line

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
For some reason a vertical green line has appeared on my screen. I haven't had any problems at all with this display and the only thing that i can possible connect it to would be all these kernel attacks that i've been receieving sense i installed Tiger.

I'm not sure what this thing is and to be honest i'm a little worried by it. (This screen is expensive....)

Any ideas?

camobag

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2003
Phat_Pat said:
For some reason a vertical green line has appeared on my screen. I haven't had any problems at all with this display and the only thing that i can possible connect it to would be all these kernel attacks that i've been receieving sense i installed Tiger.

I'm not sure what this thing is and to be honest i'm a little worried by it. (This screen is expensive....)

Any ideas?
I hate to say this, but I have to. Unfortunately, (and I still could be wrong), I believe the green line indicates potential dead pixels. My wife has the same problem with her iBook--the green line comes and goes. I don't think there is anything that you can do other than send it back if it's under warranty or what not. Best luck to ya.

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
camobag said:
I hate to say this, but I have to. Unfortunately, (and I still could be wrong), I believe the green line indicates potential dead pixels. My wife has the same problem with her iBook--the green line comes and goes. I don't think there is anything that you can do other than send it back if it's under warranty or what not. Best luck to ya.
yeah i was thinking that because it seems to only show on white.... but when starting up the computer the while apple logo doesn't have it....