Strange icon in menubar

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Causality, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Causality macrumors newbie

Causality

I don't know what this is, but lately it's been showing up in my menu bar. I've dragged it out of the menubar several times now, but it keeps coming back.

[​IMG]

Anyone know what it is/how to get rid of it?

2. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Which menubar (Apple Menubar, or is it just in certain applications), and when you click on it, does anything appear?

3. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Click on it and see if there's a drop-down menu to start. Look in your System Preferences and Startup Items if there's nothing there. It's obviously related to something you've installed, and seems to indicate either a power or signal level.

4. mac2x macrumors 65816

I can't find it, but there was a thread about this very icon some time back. Maybe someone will know the right keywords to find it.

5. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Looks like a cell phone related icon, like Sprint maybe. I remember a thread on this icon before.

Edit: here's a thread on it, it was a bluetooth phone issue.

6. mac2x macrumors 65816

Yup, that was the thread. Nice work! ;)

7. Salmar macrumors regular

I have that icon on my menu bar also and it is related to my sprint broadband air card because that is what I use to connect to the internet and get online. I also can disconnect from the internet. I have to connect and disconnect using that icon. DSL and cable internet are not available in my area and the Sprint air card USB modem is what I have to use to connect. Why it appears on your menu bar I have no idea.