Strange icon on status bar

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zenag17, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Zenag17 macrumors newbie

:confused:I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 factory unlocked running 4.3.3 and today this strange icon of phone appeared on the status bar in the upper right corner. I tried everything I uninstalled everything I did install in the past week but it still won't go. Anybody know what it is?
    https://twitter.com/nagetzn/status/95771033344278528

2. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

3. ziyonim58 macrumors newbie

This a symbol created by apple to alert carriers that the phone is jail broken

4. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

5. Zenag17 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's a factory unlocked iPhone so the carrier doesn't care that much if the phone was jailbroken !

6. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

First off, having an iPhone unlocked doesn't void your warranty in the eyes of Apple, jailbreaking does. It just so happens that most unofficial unlocking processes require jailbreaking.

Second off, I've never seen that icon before. Is your phone jailbroken?

7. Zenag17 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just solved it :) it has nothing to do with apple. I remembered that two days ago I updated the vibratesilent sbsettings toggle and it turned out that this is what the update was all about to inform u when the toggle is on. I realized that when koyotma asked me if my phone was silent. Thanks for the replies. Appreciate it

8. sotorious macrumors 6502a

I was going to say that symbol is the android vibrate icon.

9. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

this symbol had me clueless as well. is there a way to have it removed? Or is there a way I can downgrade to the previous version?

10. Zenag17 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know about downgrading to earlier version. But once u touch the sbsettings toggle the icon will go. And I find it useful cause it tells u that if ur in silent mode ur phone won't be vibrating.

11. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I was so confused whei first saw that icon, but it actually seems like it would be useful in some situations.