Strange iMessage bug

brendu

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
USA
Hey, I am at a loss here. My wife and I both have iPhone 5's. Both running iOS7. I recently moved her from T-Mobile to ATT and once I did our messages started acting strangely. Whenever she texts me it comes through as an iMessage but whenever I text her it is sent as a text, it never tries to send as iMessage. I have no problem iMessaging with anyone else, only her. I have tried turning iMessage off and back on (on both of our phones) with no luck. I have deleted the message thread from both phones and started new ones. I have restarted both phones. Nothing seems to fix it. I have no idea what this is...

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
Hey, I am at a loss here. My wife and I both have iPhone 5's. Both running iOS7. I recently moved her from T-Mobile to ATT and once I did our messages started acting strangely. Whenever she texts me it comes through as an iMessage but whenever I text her it is sent as a text, it never tries to send as iMessage. I have no problem iMessaging with anyone else, only her. I have tried turning iMessage off and back on (on both of our phones) with no luck. I have deleted the message thread from both phones and started new ones. I have restarted both phones. Nothing seems to fix it. I have no idea what this is...
How long has it been since she switched? May take up to 24 hours before the number registers with Apples servers.

boobie12

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Try deleting her contact them re adding it.

enthusiastic

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2013
I encountered something similar with my friend's (T-Mo) phone and mine. I restarted my (AT&T) phone holding both home and power buttons. Then it started working.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Like mentioned, reset the phone (both). Hold the home and power button until you see the Apple logo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.