Strange iMessage bug

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by brendu, Dec 20, 2013.

1. brendu macrumors 68020

Hey, I am at a loss here. My wife and I both have iPhone 5's. Both running iOS7. I recently moved her from T-Mobile to ATT and once I did our messages started acting strangely. Whenever she texts me it comes through as an iMessage but whenever I text her it is sent as a text, it never tries to send as iMessage. I have no problem iMessaging with anyone else, only her. I have tried turning iMessage off and back on (on both of our phones) with no luck. I have deleted the message thread from both phones and started new ones. I have restarted both phones. Nothing seems to fix it. I have no idea what this is...

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

How long has it been since she switched? May take up to 24 hours before the number registers with Apples servers.

3. boobie12 macrumors 6502

Try deleting her contact them re adding it.

4. brendu thread starter macrumors 68020

been about three days

----------

No luck. It makes no sense....

5. enthusiastic macrumors regular

I encountered something similar with my friend's (T-Mo) phone and mine. I restarted my (AT&T) phone holding both home and power buttons. Then it started working.

6. cynics macrumors G4

Like mentioned, reset the phone (both). Hold the home and power button until you see the Apple logo.