Strange iMessage Issue?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Dino F, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I have a 42mm Space Grey Apple watch linked to my iPhone 7 (both have the latest iOS updates).

I am having a strange issue whereby when I receive an iMessage and I read it on my watch, when I then check the same message on my iPhone, the message conversation still shows the blue dot which signifies the message is unread??!

And yesterday, I experienced the same problem but it went one step further:

An iMessage came in and I read and replied to it from my watch. 5 minutes later when I checked the thread on my iPhone, the blue dot was STILL showing next to it, even though, when I then went into the message, I could see the reply I gave from my watch????? :confused::confused:

I'm also seeing random iMessages that don't clear from the Lock Screen on my iPhone, when I dismiss them from my watch?! Ths normally only happens when I receive a picture message - the message comes in and I dismiss it from my watch. After a minute or so, when I check my iPhone, the same message is STILL showing on the Lock Screen of the phone so I have to dismiss it from there as well??!

This has only been happening in the past week.....?!?!

I wonder whether a 'Unpair from iPhone' process will sort this out, as then I will have the option to pair it again and restore from the back up the watch makes when you unpair it from the phone?!

Anyone else experienced anything similar?!

2. Dino F thread starter macrumors 68020

Dino F

....I've also just realised that when I read an iMessage on my iPhone 7, the same iMessage still shows as unread on my iPad Air 2 (there is a red '1' icon on the iMessage app icon and the usual blue dot next to the message itself).

If you read a message on one device, isn't it supposed to be marked as read on a second device signed into the same iCloud account....??!