Strange incoming call with 8.3.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by PinkyMacGodess, Apr 10, 2015.

1. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

This afternoon I got a notification that I had missed a phone call. The 'Recents' showed that it was received yesterday. Only thing is that the person, when I called back, said that they called today!

Anyone else having this freaky issue?

Interesting. Now when I look back, it shows 'Unknown Caller' in the voice-mail section, and there is no info in the Recents list. BIZARRE...

2. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Make sure the date on your device is set correctly? Preferably on "Set automatically?"

3. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

It's a known issue which Apple has been trying to fix since past few years. But no solutions in sight.

4. PinkyMacGodess thread starter macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

It's definitely humbling when the bugs other people are having hit you too... I've felt lucky, blessed even, that many of the issues that people are having haven't hit me. And now this...

But I'm getting the general feeling that the Apple software system is starting to have the wheels fall off. I've had more issues with more Apple software lately than I have ever had before. iTunes, OSX, iOS, Mail, Launcher, App Store... Many aren't anything big, but it's disconcerting, having so many...

Did they farm out their software development to a fly-by-night outfit in India?

I'm just not feeling the same level of confidence that I used to...

5. I7guy macrumors G5

Your phone had a glitch and now the wheels are falling off and Apple is outsourcing their development up a fly by night company in India? Okay over the top dramatic, but there always seems to be the same modus-operandi with every release since before 6. Initial release is buggy and a few point releases later, the version is wonderful with some minor bugs left.

8.3 is that release that is wonderful.

6. PinkyMacGodess thread starter macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

Thank you for your opinion...

7. I7guy macrumors G5

While we're handing out the thanks, I'll thank you for yours.:D