Strange iPhone happenings

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by d900man, Jun 21, 2008.

1. d900man macrumors regular

d900man

had some strange happenings with my 4GB unlocked (with iplus 2.0) today.

First of all this morning at about 11 I took my phone out my pocket and woke it up by using the sleep/wake button. I did the slide to unlock thing and then got the repair message "unable to make or receive calls contact apple" ( or it was something like that). I turned my phone off straight away and turned it back on, all was working ok again and I could both make and receive calls as normal.

Now I have just but the phone in the dock to charge it and have had the message "this accessory is not made for the iPhone would you like to put in airplane mode"

This seems really wierd the only other thing I have downloaded is the flat theme from customize today, oh and it was raining this morning the phone was in my pocket but i don't know if the dock connection part may have got damp a little.

Do u guys know what may be up and what I should do.

Do u think I should restore with back to 1.1.4 in iTunes and then unlock it again?

Thanks in advance.

2. appleisgod macrumors regular

I'd try hard reset first, hold down the home and sleep button until the apple logo appears (ignore the slide to power down bar)

3. arnette macrumors 6502

arnette

The accessory error is definitely due to your wet dock connector. Let the phone dry out next to something warm (dryer, back of your computer, whatever) for a day or two.

Should fix the problem.

4. d900man thread starter macrumors regular

d900man

right then I have connected it to iTunes and it works fine there so all is good. Think it may have just got a little damp