Strange iPhone Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lonman06, Mar 23, 2011.

1. lonman06 macrumors regular

I have been having a weird problem with my iPhone. I usually charge my phone overnight and take it off the charge first thing in the morning. When I first got the phone about 2 weeks ago the battery would stay at 100% for about the first hour even when I used it a decent amount.

2 weeks later if I just turn the phone on it drops 1 percent every 5 minutes or so. One day I decided to restart it after 15 minutes off use (battery was at 96%) and it was back at 100! Now everyday I have to do this same thing to prevent it from dropping so fast. Is this normal? I have the Verizon iPhone btw. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You need to turn off the % feature so you can just relax and enjoy your phone.:p

3. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

This, ive has mine off the last week now and i actually believe battery is better although i know its really not. or is it?

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

How often do you cycle your battery?

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Battery calibration, slight differences in use, and calculation of % can all effect this, your phone is fine, done worry about it.

6. lonman06 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm still confused. Isn't that something to worry about since the battery is dropping so fast the phone would be dead in a few hours. Still not sure why I need to restart to get the battery back to normal.

7. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

Did you do an update? The same thing happened to me after I updated to 4.3 so I did a restore and turned Ping off and now battery is back to being incredible again ;)!

8. lonman06 thread starter macrumors regular

I am on the Verizon iPhone, so still on 4.2.6.