Strange iPod Issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thesdx, Jul 5, 2008.

1. thesdx macrumors 6502a

I just restored my iPod after the battery was showing an incorrect charge. Right after I restored it, I started to rearrange my icons. The jiggling froze, so I rebooted. When it booted back up, the Apple logo showed up with no backlight and then went to the "connect to iTunes" logo. When I connected, it asked me to restore. It stayed on "Preparing to restore" for a minute or two, and then threw up the error message below. I've tried all the known solutions, including downgrading the firmware, but nothing works. What should I do?

Attached Files:

2. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

If you tried all the known solutions and it didn't work, your only recourse is to take to the nearest Apple Store.

3. djjoja macrumors member

Tried going into DFU Mode manually AND through iLiberty?

4. dagored macrumors 65816

Turn on ipod --> Press and hold Home+Sleep (for very long) --> iPod goes to sleep --> Keep holding Home+Sleep --> iPod Wakes up again --> bang... The screen that ask you to plugin your ipod to itunes.

5. thesdx thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've done that, and just about every other solution, but nothing works.

EDIT: It seems to be working now. I managed to get it restored, though my battery is still extremely low. Hopefully, it doesn't do this to me again.

6. dagored macrumors 65816

I should have told you it takes a couple tries sometime and now I would let it charge for at least 6-8 hours. If the battery dies then, take it back. It is still under warranty.