Strange issue on my JB'd iphone4, but it wont turn on...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by OverSpun, Feb 16, 2011.

1. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

I am on 4.0.1 still since I havent even had time updating to 4.2.1 with greenpoison, but this is pretty much that happened when this happened-

I used the phone last night around at 50%, so I updated the "changes" in Cydia, so I moved on with browsing on safari for another hour until I fell asleep.

Thinking back, I didnt turn off cydia last night in the multitask, since I thought maybe it ate my battery. I first plugged my phone to charge it up, and an hour after... The apple splash screen and it slowly shows the white spinner until it freezes.

I did hard reseted the phone a few times to make sure I couldnt figure why it wouldnt come back. Could I be restarting it wrong? I was holding power+home for about 10 seconds, and the screen would go black and if it hit power, it would start back to the apple splash. I havent used the phone since last night @11pm, so its pretty strange. :confused:

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

2. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

I've researched everywhere for this, and the only thing I can get the phone to connect with the computer on itunes, but I don't really want to lose a bunch data since my last sync. Is there another option before I have to restore it all?

3. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

I gave up saving data, so I tried just restoring the phone, but that didnt work. It wont upgrade to 4.2.1. I think it got bricked.

What can do next for it?

4. chrishemley823 macrumors newbie

I'm new here and even I know you can edit your posts.

5. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

Are you new for the internet? What is your problem, kid? Forums work as a timeline if someone has ideas that I've already tried before my last posts.

goodbye troll.

6. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

Fixed :)

Obviously, I couldnt figure why the phone wouldnt open after trying different ways without restoring the phone. I ended up restoring it. Here are a screenshot of the error and also how I fixed it updating to 4.2.1 from 4.0.1:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1275
    [​IMG]

I first used my other computer, and I kept getting that error, so I tried my laptop, and it fixed itself.

Theres the other option too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktqU9Um-vp4

hopefully this could help someone eventually.