Strange issue with my MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vjicecool, Aug 10, 2011.

1. vjicecool macrumors 6502

Recently i bought 8GB of ram for my MBP

my previous configuration for my laptop is 13inch 2.53 ghz and 4gb of ram and 60gb ssd. i never had problems with this configuration.

when i upgraded my laptop to 8GB immediately the day when i installed the ram i had a problem with my logic board. I sent it to repair and i got it fixed for 300 dollars since its out of warranty. When i got back my laptop i am noticing kernel panics on my laptop. i sent it to apple back and they told me its a hard drive problem and it costs 700 dollars to fix it. I asked them to ship it back.

I received it today and i replaced my SSD with old apple hard drive i still had the problem. on a final thought i replaced my 8gb ram with 4 gb ram. now every thing works fine.

the new ram which i have is 8gb 1333 mhz. my old ram is 1067 mhz

Do you guys think every thing happened because of the ram.

Also on the other note, one guy from apple told me that if i had a problem one more time they might give me a new laptop, now i have a chance to replace my 4gb(apple given) ram with 8gb(new ram) and send it back to them. have any guys had this kind of situation where they got a new laptop back.

2. palpatine macrumors 68040

lol. i just think this one was funny. it's almost as if they are asking you to take a new laptop from them.

3. vjicecool thread starter macrumors 6502

There is a customer relation department which handles this kind of cases

4. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

So did you put in the 8GB 1333Mhz? or was it Apple?

If you put in the wrong type of memory 1333 vs 1067 then yes, I could see where you are getting Kernel Panics from.
    Macs are generally very picky when it comes to RAM, especially being the right clock speed.

Id try 1067Mhz instead, the one your Mac is supposed to run at.

Id also call and get your money back, since it seems to be user error on incompatible ram.