Strange issues with ICloud and Find my Mac

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by xpto605, Apr 5, 2013.

1. xpto605 macrumors newbie

I've been trying to solve a strange problem with findmymac and icloud, and maybe someone here can help me - I've spend hours looking for someone with the forums with the same problem, but so far I haven't found anything:

- In the system preferences I set up ICloud, and check the Find my Mac box
    - I allow location services on this Mac (under the privacy tab)
    - I don't have any firewall, littlesnitch, or similar stuff running
    - I also check the calendar and contact boxes

When I log in the www.icloud.com I can see my calendar, contacts, and so on, and everything seems to work fine. However, when I go to find my mac the list of the devices is empty...

I tried different icloud accounts, creating a new user and installing icloud again under that user account, resetting permissions, etc., etc., etc. Nothing seems to fix this... Location services seem to be working on this mac, I also have prey running on the laptop and it works fine...

Any ideas/comments/remarks are well appreciated. Thanks!!!

I'm running OSX 10.7.5 (all the updates in order as well).

2. xpto605 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just want to add that the problem seems to be with my machine, as I can add other devices to ICloud (e.g., another mac).

Perhaps there is a corrupted preferences/configuration file I can erase/replace?

Thanks!!!

3. xpto605 thread starter macrumors newbie

ReInstall ICloud/Default Preference Files...

Anyone knows how I can reinstall the default ICloud/Find my Mac Preference files and/or the actual software? I suspect this might solve the problem...

Thanks!!!

r