Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlamb0

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
Can somebody help me understand what is going on here? I'll admit to being a little obsessive about organization, but this is seriously bugging me.

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

These are the same podcast, meaning same feed, same name, etc. For whatever reason, they show up in Grid View with two separate icons with slightly different names. When I double click on the icon on the right, I get this:

The icon on the left leads here:

I've checked the Get Info window and nothing seems out of the ordinary. And in list view, everything appears normal:

Any ideas?

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
If you select both covers and open Get Info, is there anything listed in Album Artist? If not, try putting something in there.

jlamb0

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
If you select both covers and open Get Info, is there anything listed in Album Artist? If not, try putting something in there.

I just tried entering an album artist for them all, and I even checked the "part of a compilation" box, but I still get the same odd behavior.

RumMunkey

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2006
Canada
I get this. Mostly with the "How Stuff Works" family of podcasts. I think iTunes suddenly started paying attention to a field it previously didn't (as suggest upthread, 'Album Artist' perhaps?) causing it to see these as two different podcasts.

Haven't had time to figure out what though. If YOU do, by all means, please share ;)

jlamb0

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
I get this. Mostly with the "How Stuff Works" family of podcasts. I think iTunes suddenly started paying attention to a field it previously didn't (as suggest upthread, 'Album Artist' perhaps?) causing it to see these as two different podcasts.

Haven't had time to figure out what though. If YOU do, by all means, please share ;)

Here's a sample of the Info and Sorting tabs of the Get Info windows from the two different groupings. The only difference is the Name.

If you see something I don't, please tell me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.