Strange iTunes graphical glitches

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jolly Jimmy, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Hi everyone,

This issue pops up every so often on here but I've just noticed an even weirder graphical glitch on iTunes, so I'll try to bring this annoying problem back into discussion. If anyone is experiencing similar oddities, please speak up!

So first of all, in the preference pane of iTunes there are a bunch of strange grey boxes surrounding text. Sometimes they're there, sometimes not. They even change in size. (see screenshot)

Secondly, while browsing, every alternate song/line should be blue/gray. This makes browsing much easier on the eyes. But I only get them say, 1/10 times I open iTunes. But here's the even stranger thing; I took a couple of screen shots today when the blued lines reappeared. And upon rebooting, not only had the lines disappeared from iTunes, but also from the screenshots (!?!) So I sent the screenshot to my girlfriends powerbook (I'm on a SR Macbook), and there they are again!

What's going on?

Any thoughts are welcome!

Cheers,

JJJ

Attached Files:

2. Jolly Jimmy thread starter macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Am I really the only one with this problem?

Anyways, I found that entering and exiting front row brings back my blue lines.

But the strange thing is that they also come and go on the screenshots I take. I can't understand why they would change. Or is there something I don't get about screenshots? The only thing that changes are the alternate blue lines. Everything else looks the same.

Does anyone have any idea why it would behave this way?

Cheers