Strange iWeb 08 Problem. Can you help?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by lavrishevo, Feb 15, 2009.

1. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Long story short, I was having the infamous problem with getting photo albums to show up in Firefox 3. Both mac and pc. Read about the fix with from here. Only later did I find out that I believe this fix was for a previous version of iWeb 08. This is where I think my problem is.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....63823&tstart=0

about replacing DetailView.js and HeaderControls.js with a modified version.

This fix did not work and I put back the original files back in their places. Checked them over and over, the permission is set fine. iWeb won't publish the naviation bar.

Even deleted com.apple.iweb.plist to reset the app and this went well but I am still stuck. When I publish to a folder both safari and firefox open the site fine but with no navigation bar showing.... just a dot in the corner and nothing where the navigation menu should be.

So, I saved my domain from appsupport/iWeb. Deleted iWeb 08 and reinstalled it from iLife 08 DVD. Did all the updates and coppied the domain file back into its place. iWeb opens the site fine, I can manipulate anything and everything but still when I publish it is not publishing the navigation bar. Both Firefox and Safari just show a black dot in the corner and correct spacing but no menu. This is driving me crazy. Any help would be great.

Attached Files:

2. prosinader macrumors newbie

I had the same issue, went through most of your steps, but then just gave up on it. It was a while later that I lost my hard drive (and backup too) and had to recreate my website from scratch, since doing that all has been well (and my site is 4gb big).