Strange keyboard clicking sounds on new Macbook Pro 15 Inch Touchbar

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dennis27max, Dec 5, 2016.

1. dennis27max macrumors newbie

dennis27max

I just have my Macbook now 1 week and on several keys I'm having a strange clicking sounds. Just very annoying and not what you expect on a new Product.

When I click them I hear a loud clicking sound, don't know how to explain it more. I have it always, doesn't matter if the notebook is on or off.

I got it on the keys:
    * P
    * L

Easy way to fix this? Or something? ;)

2. dennis27max thread starter macrumors newbie

dennis27max

Bump? Nobody has this? It's very annoying never had such a disappointing keyboard it just presses like flubber.

3. aevan macrumors 68000

aevan

I don't know if it's the same, but a few of my keys had a clicking sound for a while but after using them for some time, they are now the same like the others.

4. dennis27max thread starter macrumors newbie

dennis27max

A ok nice to hear that, need something like

Attached Files:

5. kwandrews macrumors 6502

I agree. I had the 15" (now 13" TB). I too had the odd sound on a few keys. After a week, the keyboard was "worn in" a but and buttery smooth. I was used to the old butterfly keyboard on the 12" so this new one is great! I liked the old as well. Now, when I use it with my external bluetooth Apple keyboard, yuck, I just want to type on the new one :). YMMV

6. jsimon77 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue with my "e" key. It's almost a popping sound. When I type every time I hit the letter "e" you know it...The other keys are quiet. It seems to come and go for me. I notice it more when the machine is warm?