Strange keyboard feeling on Macbook Pro 2017

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by awake21, Jul 3, 2017.

1. awake21 macrumors newbie

I recently purchased a new 2017 15" Macbook Pro. I've had it for about 2-3 weeks, and haven't had any problems. When I took it to work today it was pouring rain. I had an umbrella and my backpack is pretty good at handling water, so I wasn't really worried for the contents inside including the Macbook. However, when I got to the office, opened the notebook and started typing on it, the keys felt a bit mushy, and some of them still do a little bit (it's been a couple of hours). I have no clue whether this was caused by the rain or it's just a regular malfunction, because there weren't any hints of moisture on the Macbook or in the backpack compartment where I put it. At this point, maybe the mushy feeling already disappeared and I'm just imagining things, but it still worries me that this happened in the first place. Any thoughts on this? Maybe some of you had the same issue? Thanks in advance!

2. PieTunes macrumors 6502

PieTunes

Because of the pouring rain and weather conditions, and the enclosed backpack that's absorbing some residual heat from your body, could be the ambient humidity that was the cause. Just guessing.