Strange localized headache....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Evangelion, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Evangelion macrumors 68040

I have had this strange localized (that is, always in the same spot) headache for... few months now. It's a sharp and short (it lasts for maybe 2 seconds at a time) stabbing pain. usually it happened spontaneoulsy, but occasionally I could trigger it by shaking my head. I mentioned it to a nurse few weeks ago, and she said that it's probably a cramp, and she told me to take some magnesium. And sure enough, it seemed to fix the problem.

But yesterday the pain came back, even though I have been taking magnesium-supplement daily. It's not as severe as before (at worst, I had the pain several times a day) but still. And it usually happens if I bend down, and get up quickly.

Now, I'm not overtly worried about it. I mean, I'm not sensitive to light, nor have I been vomiting (which rules out tumors and the like), and the nurse thought that it's probably nothing major. It could be icepick-migraine. But the strange thing is that it often happens when I get up quickly, which means that it could be related to blood-pressure.

Any ideas? Anyone else here with similar issues?

2. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

I have not suffered the same symptoms, but have you ticked off the obvious things. Such as an eye test, I used to get a lot of headaches before I got glasses etc.

3. emt1 macrumors 65816

See a doctor. Unexplained headaches can be a sign of bad things. ;)

4. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

see a doctor

5. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

sounds like a ice-pick headache

go to real doctor to figure out.

6. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

7. Evangelion thread starter macrumors 68040

Well, I d have a poor eyesight in one of my eyes, so it might be related to that...

That said, I haven't had the problem in a while now. If it comes back, I'll go see a doctor. The nurse said that if I still have the problem after 30 days, I should have it checked out. But it seems that it's gone now, I haven't had it in over a week now....

8. millar876 macrumors 6502a

millar876

it could also be a sign of dehydration. try upping your water intake, maybe add a little more salt than usual, BUT BE CAREFUL, too much salt is as bad as not enough (worse even) and consult a doctor.