Strange logout problem on Unibody MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sbluetruck, Oct 26, 2009.

1. sbluetruck macrumors regular

sbluetruck

I have a 15" 2.53GHz unibody MBP running 10.6.1, currently as a headless mac attached to my 22" monitor and controlled by a BT keyboard and mouse.

This setup has not been a problem for me for months now.
    All of the sudden my MBP has been logging me out every couple minutes, ranging from 10-20 minute intervals. There is no set time and I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's triggered by keystrokes, however, each occurrence has happened during different keystrokes whilst working in Word or Excel. I've restarted my computer numerous times as well as repaired both the keyboard and mouse to no avail.

I've reset the P-RAM and I'm still having a problem.

Any suggestions guys?

UPDATE: So I've narrowed it down to it DEFINITELY being caused by any Shift+letter or CMD+letter function in Office, but it does not happen every time.

This is oh so very strange

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

uninstall office and try OpenOffice - its free and you can then see if this solves your problem.

3. sbluetruck thread starter macrumors regular

sbluetruck

Okay so I've found time to go through logs after I was kicked out of another program.

It appears to be a fault with running Rosetta in Snow Leopard since there is no "real" PPC support. For the time being I'll use the latest intel version of open office and see where things go from there.

I really hope that Apple fixes this Rosetta issue because I still have a few programs that rely on it...