Strange Mac Behaviour

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by animatorishi, Nov 27, 2010.

1. animatorishi, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010

animatorishi macrumors newbie

Hey Friends...in my imac its automatically scrolling n zoomin n zoom out......i got headache .....while hovering the cursor on any window..firefox,chrome,finder,ny software,safari..nythng..its started zoom in...zoom out...scrolling...evrythng at a time...i hv lot of wrk to do bt this thng is not letng me to do dat....even restarting d mac is not solving the problem..dont know wts hpng...dude if any 1 get the solution plzzzzzzz tell me.....ASAP.......
    its not abt d sticky keys..every setting is same like before......HELP MEEEE....

2. shwc, Nov 27, 2010

shwc macrumors regular

If you have a lot of work to do and your computer problem is hampering forward progress, I would advise you to spend the time it takes to compose a coherent message--in English. Please use actual words and attempt proper punctuation (if you are ten years old, I apologize).

It took me about ten times reading your gibberish to ascertain any meaning at all.

link to a thread that might solve your problem

3. RHVC59 macrumors 6502

I have had that happen when I had an optical mouse connected. I was able to solve it by blowing the dust out of the bottom side of the mouse. The other thing that occurred to me is that the batteries in hour mouse might need replacing. Stuck key on the key board.. Good luck

4. animatorishi, Nov 27, 2010

animatorishi thread starter macrumors newbie

hey tnx RHV.n SHWC..bt i hv alrdy did that..its giving me the same problm with wacom pen tablet and mac's touch mouse...please give me some other solution....and SHWC i hv wrtn proper english...yeah there is a ltl bit problm......tnx guys..

5. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

Uh, he gave you a link in his post. So in addition to critiquing your English, he also gave you a solution. If you want help, don't be annoyed with those who offer it. Is the way you are writing a symptom of the problem you are having or just you abbreviating every other word?

6. animatorishi thread starter macrumors newbie

hey spork..i have alrdy said tnx to him.....bcs he gave me that link...m sorry if i said any thing unacptble.....my english is not good...
    SORRY again...guys......

7. shwc, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010

shwc macrumors regular

I provided you a link to forum topic about a system-preference-setting that might be associated with your problem.

In addition, my English advice is sound and is in the vein of trying to help you out.

Many people will give up quickly when confronted with a badly worded post.

Ask yourself why you did not get a response to your first post or why you have not received many posts to your current thread.

You need to go back to school if you think you have used English in your posts. You have not used anything remotely like proper English.

"d" is not a word.
    "dat" is not a word.
    etc.

What are you Tweety Bird? "I tawt I taw a puddy tat."

In addition, both of your posts are run-on sentences that are very difficult to read.

Your run-on sentences and abbreviations (texting or otherwise) makes sense to you, but not to much of your audience. Who's understanding is more important to you? You or your audience?

For your information, your writing is the only side of you observed in an online forum. Abbreviations and jargon detract from comprehension, especially when trying to explain a problem to a diverse audience.

From your writing I would deduce your age to be 10-13 years old. Perhaps younger.

Older native and non-native speakers usually do a better job of constructing basic sentences and thought structures--even if the verbiage is off.

<Edit: I see. A non-native speaker attempting to use texting abbreviations; thinking the abbreviations were proper words. That explains a lot. All is forgiven.>

8. animatorishi thread starter macrumors newbie

ok SHWC..i got you..i am again saying sorry if i am hurting anyone..i didnt mean that..i was just using shortcuts...i agree that my english is not so good.My Mac is still creating problem..please help me...

9. RHVC59 macrumors 6502

Try rebooting without the WACOM tablet plugged in.

10. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Sounds like you may have Universal Access settings turned on in the System Preferences, have you looked at those?

11. animatorishi thread starter macrumors newbie

thankyou friends..i checked universal settings.they are fine...sticky keys are off. i restore all shortcuts but that problem is still happening.I tried rebooting system without wacom but no use.I am totally unable to findout why is it happening...

12. RHVC59 macrumors 6502

Sorry I am ll out of ideas... :eek:

13. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

But...is Zoom turned off in Universal Access?

14. animatorishi thread starter macrumors newbie

yes Dew zooming is off in Universal Access....its amazing no one has solution.So am the first one who is facing this problem..I think 2012 for my MAC is near.......hehe.....Tnx RHV for giving me your time and ideas n u too Dew.
    When will i get the Solution..

15. snberk103, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010

snberk103 macrumors 603

If I understand your problem, and quite honestly I'm not sure I do because your descriptions leave a lot to the imagination....

Have you installed any "little" programs lately that are designed to make the mouse work differently, or the desktop work differently? If so.... uninstall them and restart. Perhaps that will work.

Or....

YO Joe! haz youse put 'n dat imac , you know - like, haxies 2 push dat 'puter to make-do, like you know, extra wee d'ings dat 'puters, maybe like, don't 'narily want youse do? if'n youse haz, nukem - dey mebbe like, you know, borked de 'puter... ain't 2 hard 2 do...

luck

'scuse the accent, s'il vous plait

ps I'm serious about uninstalling the little programs... this wasn't just an excuse to have some fun.....

16. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

^^^Love it!^^^

17. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Oh, sorry, I paired my bluetooth mouse up with your computer whilst you were in the restroom. The temptation was far too strong.

18. animatorishi thread starter macrumors newbie

ok...dont know u guys are pulling my legs or what...but again i am describing what the problem is. when i open any window whether its finder or any browser or player ,anything ,my mac started scrolling itself, all windows scroll down.i cant scroll the page up.and sometimes its started zooming and zoom out the page.Even i cant work on any software.whenever i hover the cursor on any window it started scrolling.
    Yes i installed SteerMouse software month ago but this problem started like 3-4 days before.I dont have any specific name for this disease and its happening for the first time .i cant even describe it correctly..So now after attending this lecture does anyone want to solve this problem??

19. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

Try a different mouse. Try a different keyboard. Check your SteerMouse settings. Disable SteerMouse temporarily.

20. animatorishi thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey benthewraith its wierd but i think u were right.After ur reply that thing is not happen yet....bytheway what u did to my Mac..how did u get the connection. :confused:
    :D

21. snberk103 macrumors 603

We are trying to solve the problem, but you have to help. We are not obligated to help, we do so because we like helping and because we want to help. But... you have to make it easy for us. I have other things I should be doing, and trying to figure out what you mean takes time. [/lecture]

Do you have another mouse you could try instead of the one you are using? Even just borrow one for 2 minutes? That will either eliminate the mouse, or finger it (no pun intended). You could just try this... put the cursor over a long window, and while it's scrolling unplug the mouse. Does the scrolling stop? If so, I would think the mouse is broken/dirty.

If the mouse is not broken/dirty then I would uninstall SteerMouse and see what happens.

There is no name for what is wrong with your system - other than "Weird Glitch" and it's actually quite difficult to solve a Weird Glitch by messaging. So, unless you get lucky you may be doing this for a while. You may need, eventually, to reinstall the OS ... but lets not go there yet. Unless you need it fixed real fast. Reinstalling will, in all likelihood have you up and running in a few hours... unless it's a broken or dirty mouse.

My suggestion is to be nice here so that people are willing to help. Otherwise, haul that sucker over to an Apple Store, hope you are still covered by AppleCare, and prepare to spend some time and perhaps money while they tinker. Damn, I'm starting to sound like my parents. That's OK, I respected my 'rents.

22. animatorishi thread starter macrumors newbie

tnx 103. Actually i tried with changing the mouse.i was using my 3 button mouse then i changed it with touch mac mouse and after that i borrow a PC mouse from my friend but this problem is still here..i did the same with the keyboard but in vain.

23. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

Create a new user account. See if the symptoms follow to the new account.

24. snberk103 macrumors 603

Can we just confirm that you are in fact using a desktop iMac and not a laptop? Do you have a trackpad connected along with the mouse?

25. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

Can you get to terminal and force the maintenance routines? Once you launch terminal, you won't need the mouse. Forcing maintenance routines takes following commands (and machine password):
    sudo periodic daily
    sudo periodic weekly
    sudo periodic monthly

Can't hurt to try... :)