Strange MacBook display problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by judgejohn82, Nov 21, 2012.

1. judgejohn82, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012

judgejohn82 macrumors member

Hey guys,

A friend of mine gave me his MacBook last week to have a look at it as it wouldn't boot. It is a 2008 White MacBook Core 2 Duo, model number MB403LL/A and with the Intel GMA X3100 integrated GPU.

After trying lots of potential solutions, none of which worked, we agreed that I would reinstall Snow Leopard on it.

Everything went fine apart from one major problem - the display colours are now completely messed up, as shown:-

[​IMG]

Before the reinstall, I could boot to the SL DVD and the colours were fine.

I initially thought they had just become inverted, so tried Ctrl-Opt-Cmd-8. This changes the colours slightly, but they are still messed up. I then tried the Universal Access - Display options from System Preferences, but again no settings will change it back to normal colours.

[​IMG]

Does anyone know whether this is a hardware or software problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as the MacBook is now running perfectly except for this issue.

2. judgejohn82 thread starter macrumors member

Forgot to mention earlier, I have done all of the usual suggestions, such as resetting PRAM and SMC as well.

3. judgejohn82 thread starter macrumors member

4. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

Try Apple Hardware test see what it shows? That or something like Techtool Pro .