Strange Macbook Pro issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hewhohoggs, Jan 21, 2013.

1. hewhohoggs macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    So I'm hoping one of you can give me some insight into what may be going on with my computer. I have a 13'' Mid-2012 Macbook Pro. The thing is awesome except I'm have this intermittent issue. It's happened about 6 or 7 times since I've purchased the computer in August. Out of nowhere, the "t" key will stop working for a few minutes. This has also happened to the "y" key simultaneously but mainly just the "t". I have taken it to the Apple Store and they were unable to reproduce the problem (which I knew would happen). It's really concerning because I spent a pretty penny and I don't want it to signify something bigger problem-wise. The genius took the computer to the back and looked for any dust/other issues but couldn't find anything.
    Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on? If it keeps happening, what do you think will need to happen? Long term repair? I'm worried that I'm not going to be able to reproduce the problem for the Apple Store because it only goes out for a few minutes at a time.
    BAH! Please help...

2. MaulRx Suspended

If the problem comes and goes I would wager there is something stuck down below. This hypothesis is supported by the fact that you said the Y key goes out some times as well.