Strange maps bug?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mates, Aug 8, 2010.

1. mates macrumors newbie

Nov 28, 2006
    So searching google has turned up nada so it might just be me has be stricken with this strange glitch. Everytime I type in the letter p in the direction destination field it crashes. It's just the letter p. Every other letter is fine. I was trying to find a petstore for some turtle food when this hit me. I thought it was a fluke but it happens every time. So strange, I guess no searching for directions to the park, or pizza, or pittsburgh. Is it really just my iPad?
  2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    I have the same issue, but it happens with multiple letters for me: C, F, H, J, K, M, N, P, and S.

See this thread at Apple discussions for more people having the same problem. I haven't tried any fixes beyond a simple restart, but people seem to be saying that nothing so far has worked.

For a workaround, you can type a non-affected letter first and then go back and delete it after you've typed your actual search term.

And yes, it's quite a pain...
  3. mates thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 28, 2006
    Thanks. Glad my iPad is not possessed. I've been rewording my searches to avoid that letter. If there is no fix I'll just wait and hope ios 4 somehow restores my precious p back to me.