Strange MBP AirPort issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ndpitch, Mar 1, 2011.

1. ndpitch macrumors 6502

I've had my MBP for about 1.5 years now, and it's always worked fine. But in the past week, this issue has come up and it's very frustrating.

When connected to my wireless network via AirPort, the internet stops working as soon as I view a flash video (like youtube). I can be browsing regular web pages fine, then when I try to watch a video, the internet craps out. Pages stop loading and time out. Restarting browsers does nothing (the problem is global across all OS X browsers). I have to disable and then re-enable AirPort to get it back up and running. The problem repeats as soon as I try to watch another video.

I wrestled with it for a while, and then decided to try connecting to the network directly with a cable into my switch. It works flawlessly when hard connected. Switch back to airport - problem repeats.

I don't think the network is the issue. Other laptops in the house running windows all work fine over wireless. This is strange. Any ideas?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I'm not sure if it will help, but try uninstalling Flash, restart, and then reinstall Flash.

3. ndpitch thread starter macrumors 6502

I gave it a shot. So far, no luck. Any other suggestions?

4. ndpitch thread starter macrumors 6502

I got so fed up with this last night that I did a clean install of OS X. I have it at work right now where I'm doing all the updates and bringing back my data with an external hard drive.

We'll see if I still have the problems tonight.