Strange MBP Disc Burning Error - Help Please!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Greg_C, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Greg_C macrumors member

I recently tried to burn a CD to archive some of my first semester school files, and encountered an odd error that sounds somewhat concerning:
    [​IMG]
    :confused:
    I purchased my MacBook Pro in November 2006 (specs in my signature), and the Superdrive is a Matshita DVD-R UJ-857D. Any ideas for a possible remedy? Or is the drive failing on me? I've been able to rip CDs and DVDs just fine, and have successfully burned CDs and DVDs in the past. Thanks!

2. nippyjun macrumors 65816

3. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

I had the same issue, with a whole pack of the same branded media. Once I changed the DVD to a different brand, the problem went away, and the disc burned fine.

So try switching to a different, more reliable brand and see if that helps. The Superdrives are somewhat picky to what media it would want to play with.

4. Greg_C thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll try a different brand then, although the discs I'm using now are Memorex CD-Rs which I thought was a pretty reputable brand. I've been able to burn discs from the same spindle before without problems. I hope that it's not the drive, but not being able to use ~40 or so brand new discs is somewhat disappointing.