Strange Memory Management

Discussion in 'iPad' started by scbrain, Jun 25, 2012.

1. scbrain macrumors newbie

I have a "New" iPad, just about three months old. 16 GB Wi-Fi, not jailbroken. It's acting strangely with respect to storage space - when syncing, iTunes will say that there is no room for new files, when there is (or should be). See the picture attached, which shows an error message when I tried to add a 50 MB movie. As you can see, there should be plenty of storage space left.

What is causing such strange behavior?

(I've already restored the factory settings and then restored to a backup, with no positive outcomes. Even if this did work, it's not a real solution for the problem, since it takes an hour or more to do this.)

Attached Files:

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I had this issue once before and it was due to the iPad trying to sync up other stuff on your computer/laptop. In my case, it was trying to sync with all my photos. Check in the other tabs and see if there is anything that the iPad is syncing with and that might be why you're unable to add the 50MB movie. Once I unchecked the unnecessary photos, the "free" space magically appeared and I was able to add the rest of my movies/music I was trying to add. Not sure if this is what you're experiencing but might be worth a look.