strange metronome sound, and my mac wont start up?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by luckyhot, May 7, 2009.

1. luckyhot macrumors newbie

luckyhot

Okay this isnt the first time this has happened, but this time its even more strange .. :confused:

I have a mac intel 10.4.11 that wont go pass the grey screen with the apple logo, and the spinning wheel that just keeps spinning round and round and round .
    I thought that i just had to wait, but after a few hours i got tired of waiting! so i putted in my installation disk and tried the whole disk reparing utility thing. but that didnt solve my problem. ? and the strangest thing is when i turn my mac on, it makes this really weird sound, almost like a metronome clicking continuesly :confused:

so what do i do now?

2. allan.nyholm macrumors 6502a

allan.nyholm

Have you tried resetting the SMC(System Management Controller) or reset PRAM?

Read about the SMC here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1543 and see if your Mac is among the one listed being affected.

Not sure if resetting it will help but it's worth a shot if nothing else is helping like disk repair with Disk Utility.

EDIT: Okay.. so reading about the SMC it only involves power issues. Sorry about that. But it's fairly easy to reset it anyhow. You might be surprised.