Strange mouse/cursor issue

Discussion in 'iMac' started by stirling11, Apr 30, 2013.

1. stirling11 macrumors newbie

I'm having a really strange issue with my imac. It's a late 2012, has the 680mx and is fully updated. When I click, then click very close by, the second click doesn't seem to register. For example: In Safari if I miss the little x to close a tab by a tiny amount, then click the x properly, that second click doesn't register. If I don't move the mouse away I can keep clicking and it won't register at all. If I move the mouse away, click somewhere else, then click on the x it registers the click and closes. Weird.

The only thing I can think of is if I migrated some of the settings over from my macbook but I really don't think I did that. I did have magicprefs installed but I got rid of that including all its preferences.

Hope that make sense, very difficult to describe. Any ideas what's going on?!

2. stirling11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone at all? Want to see if there's a better fix before I totally reinstall a fresh copy of osx

3. SueG macrumors member

SueG

Completely uninstall the mouse. Then reinstall it. Re-enable the clicks etc in system preferences

4. fisha macrumors regular

How much time delay between the clicks that are close.

Could be the system getting confused between what the user thinks is 2independent clicks and the os thinks is a double click ( which normally has to be 2clicks within a certain time and within a certain distance )

What happens if you do the first click, then move the move around ( without clicking anywhere ) then clock the cross, does it still not register?