Strange network connectivity issue on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mrochester, Aug 7, 2011.

1. mrochester, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011

mrochester macrumors 65816

Hi all

Over the last few days/weeks I have begun to experience a problem with my iPhone 4 whereby it loses signal and then simply doesn't regain signal either for a very long time (10mins plus) or until the device is restarted. When this happens, when I go to network settings and manually search for all available networks, only my home network shows (I would typically expect to see Orange, O2, Vodafone an Three all listed too) and even when I try to select my home network, I get the error as picture below. So far I have tried the "reset network settings" option to no avail.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what might be causing this?

Thanks!

M

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. mrochester thread starter macrumors 65816

Anyone got any ideas or thoughts? Just now I was sitting with nearly full signal yet I couldn't send any texts or make any calls. When someone tried to call me they got a "This mobile is currently unavailable" message. I'd be inclined to think it's a network issue, as a restart and reconnect to the network seems to solve the problem. But then, that wouldn't explain why all of the other networks are missing from the network list.

3. mrochester thread starter macrumors 65816

Hi all

As a follow up to this I had tried a restore and this seemed to cure the issue for a while. However, the problem is back again! For 10 hours overnight my phone has sat saying 'no signal' and it's only when I have restarted it that it has managed to regain signal.

4. applemessiah macrumors member

had a phone with exact same problem...sadly i could never find a solution and very little feedback from posting. i ended up getting another phone. good luck!

5. Antec macrumors member

Im having this problem to. It's t mobile. They suck with iPhone 4s as it doesn't use 3G, cause t mobile use 4G only.