Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarKeneD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Hello, I have two problems with my mbp and been looking around the forum and google without any clear answers.

1. When I'm video chatting through skype, even though my audio level is very low, the person on the other end can clearly hear whatever music/video I'm listening to. The volume on my mbp is at the lowest setting before being mute and the person on the other end can hear everything I'm listening to clearly when they should not. I'm assuming there's some sort of line-in problem.

2. There is this sort of echoing in skype. I can't explain the noise but it's like this echo/ringing noise that gets progressively louder and will go away once someone talks but returns when no one is speaking. I feel these problems may be related somehow.

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong? I'm hoping this is a software problem and not a hardware problem. If it helps my mbp is the late 2009 model. Thanks beforehand.

samcolson4

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2011
Well, 2 is definitely feedback. Go into Skype preferences and turn down the mic input level. Should sort it out.

As for number one... It might be because the 15+17 inch Pros have the mic right by the left speaker.

Maybe.

GuitarG20

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2011
as for number 2, turn down the mic input level and that should be fixed; sounds like feedback.

for number one... umm... are you listening with headphones or through the speakers?

DarKeneD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Oh haha wow I didn't even realize I didn't mention it. I am using the iPod headphones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.