Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewdale

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Memphis, TN
I've been having a strange problem with any type of notification box within OS X. I was hoping maybe someone could help me or maybe someone else has had this problem.

The picture is a screen grab of a "I'm done" box by Microsoft Word. I thought maybe it was just Office, but it happens on other programs' notification boxes also. It's not a huge problem, but it's just a little annoying sometimes when I see it.

If you look closely, there are darker grey boxes around the text, making it very visible where the text boxes are. Any help is MUCH appreciated.

Picture%201.png

merl1n

macrumors 65816
Mar 30, 2008
New Jersey, USA
I'm not understanding your problem.

Are you referring to the "Find and Replace" Window (which is inactive) with the "Replace" tab highlighted in grey, or the front window where "yes" is highlighted in blue and "no" is not highlighted?

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
I cant even see what you mean, just chill out and stop noticing microscopic details on your screen!!!

ElectricSheep

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
Wilmington, DE
You guys can't see it? The grey boxes are obvious to me.

Use the Display System Preference to re-calibrate your display. I've seen this issue crop up with corrupted colorsync settings.

merl1n

macrumors 65816
Mar 30, 2008
New Jersey, USA
You guys can't see it? The grey boxes are obvious to me.

Use the Display System Preference to re-calibrate your display. I've seen this issue crop up with corrupted colorsync settings.

He referred to the "notification box" (with the yes/no buttons) and I still can't see the grey boxes.

The only place I can see a shift from white to grey is in the document toolbar just above the ruler.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
I can see the grey box around the Word icon and the text... I don't see why it's a problem.

andrewdale

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Memphis, TN
Thanks for all the replies.

To those who can't see it, look at the word icon on the "Yes/No" box and see the faint grey square around it.

To those who can see it, I'll try to recalibrate my screen. I'm using a profile that someone listed on the MBP forum, so I'll put it on a stock profile and see if I can see them on there.

It's not a huge problem, no. I'm surviving just fine right now. Just one of those things that I figure I'll fix if it can be fixed.

AndyK

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2008
Terra
I can see them, no it's not something that's broken.

Think of it as a more discreet feature and panic less.

andrewdale

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Memphis, TN
It's funny how some people seem to freak more and think you're panicking than you actually are.

turn your brightness down on your computer, use a little bit of that brain GOD gave you!!!

That is possibly the dumbest response I've ever heard. But hey, you have your way, I have mine.

I can see them, no it's not something that's broken.

Think of it as a more discreet feature and panic less.

It really doesn't bother me that much. I figured I'd just ask. Seems like some thing that asking is another form of freaking out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.