iPhone Strange notification/sound glitch iPhone 5s running ios 8.1.2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KacieB, Jan 21, 2015.

1. KacieB macrumors newbie

KacieB

I posted this issue on the main IOS 8 board back in December but it didn't get a lot of traction. Hoping someone on this sub-forum might have some insight.

I am having a strange notification/sound glitch with my iPhone 5s running IOS 8.1.2. What happens is this: I'll have my iPhone sitting on my desk in front of me and occasionally I'll hear a strange blip, like a fraction of a notification sound, and the screen will "wake up" like it's just received a notification but there is no notification on the screen. The sound it makes is almost like the speaker is going out/defective, but I have no other speaker/sound issues with this device. When this happens, I'll pull down the notification center see which app has just sent a notification and so far I've noticed it with 3 different apps: Errands, Alarmed and the native calendar app. I get other successful notifications from all 3 of these apps several times daily, so it's not a widespread issue with any of these apps. This problem is completely intermittent and seems to have started about two months ago. The frustrating part is that unless I see the phone "wake up" or hear the little noise blip then it's entirely possible that I'll miss the notification. In fact, this could be happening a lot more often than I realize but I'm just not seeing/hearing it.

Just as an example, I have an alarm set in the Alarmed app that is set to "nag me" every hour until I mark it complete. It'll go off at 9:30, 10:30, 11:30 successfully, then at 12:30 it does the weird thing described above. Then it'll work successfully again for the rest of the day until I mark it complete. (The times when it "fails" vary...it can happen at any time of day.)

It happened again just now with a weekly calendar notification that I have set up, but again, I get several other successful calendar notifications every day.

Here's what I've done so far: issue started on IOS 8.1.1 so I upgraded to IOS 8.1.2, and restored from a backup > same problem. I restored the device back to factory settings and set up iPhone as new > same problem. I contacted Apple and they actually sent me a new device which I set up as new but I still had the same problem.

I'm not sure if this is happening because of the jailbreak or because of any jailbreak apps I have. The only JB apps I have installed currently are: CleverPin, DockShift, MuteIcon, NoSlowAnimations, and SendDelay. I've pared it down significantly trying to troubleshoot this issue.

Has anyone else seen this before? I've looked all over other forums and haven't found anything that matches these symptoms. And of course Apple has never seen this before either. Suggestions? Any help is appreciated, this is starting to drive me crazy!

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I'm on iOS 8.1.2 with iP6+ and don't have this issue being stock or Jb.

3. KacieB thread starter macrumors newbie

KacieB

Anyone else with this issue? Is there any sort of advanced diags I can do to try and nail this issue down?

4. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

My brother's cousin's baby sister also doesn't have this problem.