Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

izzy0242mr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
I'm running the latest version of Mavericks, and I've recently noticed some odd behavior when using Pages 4.3 (from iWork '09):

SOMETIMES, when I save a document, and check the box to save it as a Word document, the little icon at the top of the window will change into a MS Word icon, and any edits I make to the document with that Pages window open will allow me to save my changes without calling up the Save As… dialogue, and it will save to the Word doc I just created.

Now, for anyone who uses Pages on Mavericks, you'll understand why this is so weird: 95% of the time, when you check the Word Doc option when saving a document for the first time, it will create your Word doc, but the Pages window you're in will remain "Untitled" and when you press Cmd+S again, it'll bring up the Save As dialogue again, ad nauseum.

So…has anyone experienced this odd behavior, and is there a specific method to duplicating it? I like being able to save Pages documents as Word documents and edit them natively, but that functionality was lost after Lion, I believe (it was previously possible via a plist edit).

izzy0242mr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Here's a picture of an instance where this happens. Note the icon at the top.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 5.50.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 5.50.04 PM.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 46
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.