Strange piece of plastic inside my iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SAS22, Apr 29, 2013.

1. SAS22, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013

SAS22 macrumors newbie

Hello guys! I've noticed a tiny piece of plastic inside my iPhone 4. I've tried to remove it from the phone but I can't do it. Is like its hooked inside it. The phone is just three months old and has been always used with an Apple bumper. I don't know if it was there when I bought it, that would mean it's a manufacturing defect, but I don't think it was. What do you think it is? Here you have some pics taken with another iPhone.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1r5nc3by4x9tiug/AvY3f9RPO1

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Something a Foxconn Chinese left in there to make western buyers go batty. :D

I know what I will do, but sounds like u want an explanation and I don't have one.

3. SAS22, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013

SAS22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well it doesn't makes me crazy but I don't like that piece of plastic coming out from my iPhone...

I'm just asking to know if some of you know what it could be. What would you do? I tried to remove but I can't.

4. Izaiah macrumors regular

Izaiah

Take it to an Apple store and have them look at it. If you've only had it for 3 months then it's still under warranty and I would consider that a defect, not sure if they will.

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

well it doesnt look like a flex cable. maybe a rubber gasket that came loose and got left hanging out when the phone was assembled. i suggest bringing it to apple. they can open it up and remove/replace it.

6. MosesTheTool macrumors newbie

I disassembled iphones 4s and 4 for the past few days and never came across something like that.
    Maybe, like said above, it's something left from the factory, forgot to take it out while assembling.
    Is it sticky? there's some adhesive that is a bit rubber-like between the screen and middle frame.

Anyway just take it to apple, it's a new phone.. they'll take care of it

7. SAS22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes it seems like something that was protecting a piece and they forgot to take it out... it isn't a mechanic part of the phone or something like that. It isn't sticky either.

Anyway, I have made a Genius Bar reservation for this Thursday. Let's see what do they do about it. Thank you all!

8. SAS22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello again guys. Today I went to the Apple Store and explained the problem to a guy. He said he had never saw anything like that and he went inside and opened my iPhone. When he came back he told me that the piece of plastic is something that protects the camera before the phone is assembled and it was forgotten there. Others Genius have seen this problem before, so it seems it happens sometimes. Anyway, he removed it from the iPhone so... problem solved! Thank you again!