Strange pixel error on top of screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spuggi, Mar 3, 2016.

1. spuggi macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have a very strange screen problem with my MBPr late 2012. It has been like that 2 years or so, never really noticed when it started.

I got a strange pixel problem on the very top end of the screen. Every object present on the screen that gets somewhat close to the edge gets kinda mirrored on a single line of pixel, a bit hard to explain. I took some photos and a video of the problem. The problem exists in OSX, Bootcamp Windows, Bootloader. Tried resetting NVRAM and SMC, no help.

Also the whole content of the screen is somehow populated with stripes between the pixels, hard to explain. I attached a photo of a yellow button of a website which should be solid yellow. Especially on the left you can see that the solid color is divided by stripes. This is seen with the naked eye and it's not seeing just the normal screen resolution.

Can anyone relate?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://sendvid.com/rn1vq2kp

2. Mcmeowmers macrumors 6502

The video is quite strange. I've never seen anything like that before. My guess is that it is a software issue because of how reproducible it is

3. spuggi thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I don't know if an Apple Store can help me or has any capabilities to somehow reset this. Any experiences?

4. Mcmeowmers macrumors 6502

You could always try doing a clean install? Just restart into recovery mode

5. spuggi thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, but the problem exists in the bootloader and in bootcamp aswell...