Strange Playlist Syncing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mac In School, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I've been selectively syncing iPods with iTunes for many years now, and iPhone 2.0 is the first time I've noticed this happening.

Have a look at the screen caps. You'll notice that I'm choosing not to sync certain playlists (such as Never Heard B4 and No Year), but they're on the phone anyway.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. bbwinkle macrumors member

Sync to clear all the playlists. Then select the ones you want and resync, it should work after this.

3. mgrad92 macrumors newbie

Doesn't fix the issue for me

I'm having the same issue, and clearing all playlists isn't working for me -- even when I tell iTunes to sync selected playlists and leave all playlist boxes unchecked, I've got five that sync anyway.

When I uncheck the box for "Sync music" to clear all music from my touch, the playlists disappear, when I check the box again (leaving all playlist checkboxes unselected), they reappear. If I delete the playlists from my Mac, they disappear from my touch -- then, if I recreate those playlists from scratch, they reappear on my touch. If I rename them on my Mac, the new names sync to my touch.

This has been going on for some time now, and continues under iTunes 8.0 and iPod touch firmware 2.1. What the !@#% is going on, and how the !@#$% can I stop it?

4. mgrad92 macrumors newbie