Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2014
Hello everyone!

I'd appreciate any help with this.

When I loop an audio track an annoying "pop" can be heard right in the middle of where the song loops back to start over again. It's sounds like a kind of electric-y hiccups that appears when one loops a track.

When I play the track after it has been rendered into iTunes, the "pops" are very much audible when played there. This happens whether I am using Garageband 6.0.5 or Logic 10.0.7.

Does anybody know why this is happening?!

I am using a Macboo Pro on 10.8.5 which is running on a 2.53 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and with 4GB of memory.

This might not bother me as much if the popping sounds that occur during looping couldn't also be heard in the outputted MP3.

What can be done to eliminate this issue?

Thanks in advance for y'all's help! :D

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hello everyone!

I'd appreciate any help with this.

When I loop an audio track an annoying "pop" can be heard right in the middle of where the song loops back to start over again. It's sounds like a kind of electric-y hiccups that appears when one loops a track.

When I play the track after it has been rendered into iTunes, the "pops" are very much audible when played there. This happens whether I am using Garageband 6.0.5 or Logic 10.0.7.

Does anybody know why this is happening?!

I am using a Macboo Pro on 10.8.5 which is running on a 2.53 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and with 4GB of memory.

This might not bother me as much if the popping sounds that occur during looping couldn't also be heard in the outputted MP3.

What can be done to eliminate this issue?

Thanks in advance for y'all's help! :D

You are making these loops yourself? If so, is the cut on a zero crossing? When the sound loops the two ends have to "match" the normal way to do this is to have each end of the loop on a zero. I thought Logic did this for you. Blow up the wave form, zoom way in and check.

If you cut a segment of sound and turn it into a loop you can't leave a "bump" at the splice point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.