Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

O r c

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2020
A family member's watch "suddenly" (?) started showing my name in the Health app instead of the bearer's and Safari on the associated iPhone suggests my mail address for web forms. She is signed in to with her Apple ID as usual and AFAIK I have not used either her phone or watch ever to enter my credentials.

The only thing that could possibly cause "name contamination" was connecting her phone to my mac in order transfer her pictures for use in a family library but it seems highly unlikely to me.

Any suggestions to remedy these odd behaviours? For some odd reason she don't like to see the watch cheering me on after her working out.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
have you gone into account settings on the phone?
or even the main account, at the top of the settings menu,

it's possible something got messed up or added there when you connected.

O r c

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2020
have you gone into account settings on the phone?
or even the main account, at the top of the settings menu,

it's possible something got messed up or added there when you connected.

Messed up it is for sure. Yes, checking accounts and AppleID in settings was the first thing I thought of. Unfortunately no trace of anything related to my information there.

Reset and pair the watch again to her phone.

Will try.

O r c

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2020
Resetting as a new watch + repairing done. Too early to tell the outcome because no new activity achievements has been performed yet.

Reactions: firedept
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.