Strange Problem after a repair.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by will_rx7fd, Aug 10, 2017.

1. will_rx7fd macrumors newbie

Hi, this is my first post in the forum. I just got my pone repaired earlier today and I have noticed a little bit of lag. Animations jus aren't as smooth as they were before. I also noticed that my 3D Touch has to be pressed much firmer than before. Is this normal/ok? I'm very knowledgeable when it comes to technology, but this has me beat. What should I say to the repair shop? Should I ask for my money back?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Did they replace the screen when they repaired your phone? What was wrong with it?

If they replaced the screen did they used a third party screen as Apple does not sell parts.

You can ask for you money back but most of these places are sleazy.

How about taking it to an Apple store.

3. noobinator macrumors 601

What was repaired? Where did you take it? If it was anywhere but Apple, you may have been given inferior parts.

4. will_rx7fd thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, it was a screen repair, sorry not to mention that. Also, would this display m, assuming that it's third party, be the same resolution as an official screen?
    --- Post Merged, Aug 10, 2017 ---
    I also know that Apple stores won't work on anything with third party parts. So I might have put myself in jail with this situation

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

No telling what the specs are on your replacement screen. If I were you I would go back to the repair place and tell them to put your phone back in it's original condition. If you can get your money back good. Then cross your fingers and take it to the Apple store.

No jail but a good lesson learned.

6. will_rx7fd thread starter macrumors newbie

Holy cow, the bezels are already popping out of the metal casing, thanks for the help, I can literally move my screen every time I touch it.

7. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Sounds like it needs full Factory Reset back everything up and Start Fresh. That or the display is a Bootleg counterfeit and is not as responsive and a slow refresh rate.

8. will_rx7fd thread starter macrumors newbie

9. noobinator macrumors 601

Go back there and raise heck and from now on skip the cheap repair stores and only deal with Apple.

10. will_rx7fd thread starter macrumors newbie

11. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Wise words indeed. Might have cost a little more but it would be working like new again.