Strange Problem with iPhone 6 turning off by itself

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PixelDestructor, Mar 13, 2016.

1. PixelDestructor macrumors newbie

I've been having a strange problem with my less than year old iPhone 6. This has never happened before today and today for some reason it began happening and continues to happen once every few hours. My phone will become unresponsive and will not wake from sleep and I'll have to just wait until it decides to wake from sleep, which can take up to 10 minutes. During this process, the top front of the phone gets extremely hot to the touch (the glass near the speaker and front facing camera), but the phone works perfectly other than that and I don't know what's wrong with it or why it's suddenly doing this.

2. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

If it is less than a year old it is still under warranty and I would get it looked at in case you need a replacement. I have not heard of this issue before.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Do you happen to be on the public beta? I have had what I beliee are random shutoffs on the latest public beta, however it has always happened when my son was using the phone for watching videos in the car. I can't tell if he turned it off (he claims not but... kids lol).

4. youinc macrumors newbie

youinc

My wife's 5S experienced freeze when she tried to update or install new apps from the AppStore. The back of the phone became hot and the battery dropped dramatically, 10% dropped in 1 minute. We took it to Genius Bar and the genius recover the iOS for us. Now it works well.

Since your phone is under warranty, go to Apple Store and they will run diagnosis for you to see if you need a replacement or iOS recovery. I suggest you to back up your data before you go to the Apple Store.